I’ve had this sweater on the cutting table for months, but I finally finished it!
I scored this fabric from Girl Charlee a while back.You may notice that you can see a little bit of the buffalo check through the sweater. It’s a great light-weight knit for layering, though!
You might recognize the material from a sweater I made for Junie a while back. The knit was a little trickier to work with because of the loose knit, but it’s perfectly slouchy and cozy. I brought this on my trip to San Francisco (as evidence by the photos) and it was the perfect extra layer for the chilly weather.
- I used a large version of the Lane Raglan tee.
- I modified the pattern to make it longer and added a tunic-style hem with split sides and a longer back panel.
- I added structure to the shoulders with leather pieces (that was the hardest part because of how structurally different the two materials are)
- I hemmed the edges with a machine blind hem (using my BabyLock Elizabeth, I just did a zig-zag blind hem), it looks nice and allows for the hem to stretch with the fabric.
- Bag: Maria Castelli (c/o)
- Buffalo Plaid top: H&M
- Necklace: Cents of Style (c/o)
- Watch: Daniel Wellington (c/o)
- Bracelet: Pamela Susan (c/o)
- Earrings: Tai Pan Trading
- Denim: White House Black Market
- Boots: Toms
- Jacket: Nordstrom Rack
Huge shout out to Maria Castelli. Everywhere I go, someone asks me where I got my bag. It’s made from the best leather and it’s the perfect size for touring around town or running errands with small kids. It’s perfectly chic and perfectly sturdy. It’s simply fantastic.
When I opened up the beautifully packaged box when my bag first arrived, I had Chris come in the room to smell the wonderful leather aroma. And gawk with me at the gorgeousness that laid before me. It truly is an incredible purse/backpack in person.
I took this everywhere with me on our trip; including museums. The straps on the backpack are versatile that you can wear it like a purse or wear it like a backpack! Huge win. If you’re looking for your next everyday bag, get one. You won’t regret it.
My hair was out of control while in SF. My sister braided it in dutch braids the night before and it held its volume all day. But, let’s be honest. I don’t miss the humidity of the city. Not a bit. ;) But SF is my fave. I wouldn’t mind going back on a monthly basis.