PHOTODUMP!! I took about 70 pictures yesterday with Penelope at my side. I just recently gave her our 6 year old coolpix point & shoot to use at her disposal & she loves it. She looked so grown up, snapping away at her room. I had to snap this little portrait of her. I thought the lighting was perfect on her.
So, would you like a tour of Penelope & Felix’s shared space? I’ll do my best to cite all of the sources for everything, but if you find I’ve missed something, please feel free to ask in the comments.
Here’s Penelope reviewing her shot of Felix’s crib. So cute.
Here’s what her bedroom looked like before Felix moved in with her. GROSS & unfinished. We were playing around with different bedding options for Penelope before we decided a toddler bed was best.
Let’s start on Penelope’s side.
- Pillowcase: vintage, gift from Dani
- Small bolster & teal blanket: Little Giraffe, from BlogHer ’09
- Park City Teddy Bear: gift from my grandparents when I was 2
- Quilt: handmade by my mom, gift
- Bedframe: Ikea, $90
- Rocking chair: from Caitlin, $90
- Watercolor: mine
- Growth chart: Petite Lemon*
- Mirror: Thrifted + spraypainted, $2
- Peacock print: A Vintage Poster*
- Frame: Michaels + spraypainted, $10
- Trash can: Ikea, $25 – this is where her toys hide
- Night stand: hand-me-down from mom & repainted
- Dinos: Walmart + spraypainted, $2
- Book basket: thrifted, $1
- Dachshund lamp: won from a Clever Tomato giveaway
- Rug: Urban Outfitters, $50
- Curtains: Ikea, $15
I really need to get a pic of Felix up there. Stat.
- Chairs: Ikea, $30
- Trash can: Ikea, $25
- Wooden bead roller coaster: Ikea, $8
- Charley Harper Blocks: gift from mother-in-law
- Puzzle & piano: gift from mom
- Ball vacuum toy: thrifted, $1
- Love Poster: won on Made By Girl giveaway
- Frames: Ikea, Michaels + thrifted, $26
- Felix’s crib: hand-me-down
- Elephant print: A Vintage Poster*
- Frame: Michaels, $10
- Bear: gift
- Yellow bed sheet: vintage, gift from Dani
- Blanket: Chris’s old baby blanket
- Mobile: handmade by me
So, there you have it: Felix & Penelope’s room is COMPLETE and for just under $400 total. This total includes everything we’ve ever spent on this room. NOT BAD, eh? Penelope does a fantastic job of making big messes in here, but now that it’s all decorated it’s somehow easier to clean. Do you find that way about finished rooms?
I love that there’s a lot of sentimental furniture, decorations & toys in this room. It certainly adds a lot to the personality & feeling of love that I want in my home. What do you think? How do you decorate with love?
For comparison, this is what Penelope’s bedroom looked like at our old place.