Today is the day. It’s been a looooong time coming. I present to you I Still Love Calligraphy, an online calligraphy course geared towards modern copperplate calligraphy.
If you’re interested in learning modern calligraphy based on the copperplate style, I do hope you give this course a go. It’s been a team effort between Chris and me. Originally we were going to put the course on a password protected wordpress platform, but when Chris lost his job back in January, he took it as an opportunity to build what I needed from scratch.
I’m so proud of the work Chris did, especially considering he didn’t really start developing sites until a year and a half ago.
Here are the awesome features about this site and course:
- it’s a stand-alone site with a shopping cart equipped for selling and distributing securely digital downloads
- there are multiple nav bars (top, bottom and side) for you to navigate your way around the coursework and your account
- in the course, you have 8 lessons with step-by-step illustrations and photos to clarify techniques and theory
- 4 videos are available as supplements to the lessons that cover topics of tools, basic strokes, flourishes and making calligraphy yours
- there’s a private gallery (between each user and admin) for critiques and troubleshooting
- the curriculum includes printable PDF guides for practicing during the course and after
This course is perfect for the beginner wanting to dabble into calligraphy or the intermediate letterer hoping to refine his or her style. Check out the video tour below or visit the site and see for yourself.