I’m doing another thrift/antique tour with Sewing Summit. Carrie and I have organized a route of top places to go downtown and thought I would share it here for Sewing Summit attendees and anyone else interested in knowing where I like to go.
click image to enlarge
If you’re part of Sewing Summit in Salt Lake City, head over to the forum for the detailed schedule, times and for the sign up. If you’re planning on going (or in the Salt Lake area and want to hit up these stores) here’s a little bit of info on these hot spots:
- Bruges has the best Belgian waffle and frites I’ve ever had. My favorite is the cinnamon liege waffle with crème fraîche, peaches and chocolate.
- Deseret Industries is my favorite thrift stores. There’s practically one on each street corner here in Utah.
- Capital City Antique Mall has a ton of vendors in one roof, they have a lot of pyrex and milkglass.
- Again, another DI. Can’t miss.
- Decades is amazing for fancy vintage duds. My sister-in-law found her wedding dress there for under $50.
- MisC and Green Ant are my faves. Green Ant is a vintage and affordable DWR. MisC is perfectly curated clothing from nearly every era.
- Retro Rose has a lot of fantastic home goods and tchotchkes. They organize their wares by color (BONUS!).